Yoga is an exercise that helps people to become more aware of their body, mind and soul, and yoga postures are a subset of Yoga. It is a physical and mental discipline that originated in India. The word “yoga” comes from the Sanskrit word ‘yuj’, which means to join or yoke. A common misnomer these days is that Yoga is just about some body exercise to keep oneself physically fit, but in reality it is a process of self-realization. In this article, we specifically look at yoga postures.
Nowadays, there are so many styles of yoga postures that it’s hard to know what is right for you. Hatha is the most common type of yoga practised in Western countries. This type focuses on balancing while strengthening your core muscles in order to release tension from the body. It also helps improve flexibility throughout your entire body so it can help you work better with both your muscles and mind.
How Yoga Postures Benefits Your Body and Mind
Yoga postures are a great way to promote a healthy body and mind. The practice of yoga postures, or asanas, with awareness of breath and body, can improve fitness and reduce stress.
People of any age can practise it. They can help to improve health, lower blood pressure, reduce stress, and increase energy. It also improves mood, reduce anxiety and depression symptoms, and helps in improving the sleep quality. Yoga also helps with flexibility and balance while improving strength in the muscles.
There are many types of yoga postures that focus on different parts of the body. A regular practice can help you live a more healthy lifestyle and maintain good mental health.
Top 10 Tips To Make Yoga Postures A Daily Habit
Here are a few tips for Asanas or Yogic postures. With the help of these tips, you can make them a daily habit.
1) Make it part of your morning routine.
2) Find a buddy to practice with.
3) Find an app that has a beginner’s course.
4) Pick up some yoga clothes and gear for yourself.
5) Set aside some time each day to do yoga.
6) Try different yoga classes and find the one that suits you best.
7) Start small by doing a few poses in the morning before you start your day, then gradually add more over time until you’re doing all 10 poses every day.
8) Keep track of how you are doing
9) Change the postures whenever your mind seems to be bored
10) Maintain a smile and enjoy the process